January 26, 2009

another flat

Yep another flat tire for me. These studded tires are fun to ride on but the flat tires are getting old. I added another layer of tape on the inside of the tire, but that didn't seem to matter. The tires are real hard to get off the rim too. Not sure if the tires are a little too small or there just made to be real tight on the rim. Having sharp screws sticking out everywhere on the tire don't help changing a flat either. Another bonus is the weather went back to Alaska mode, -20 and what not. The temp is so cold that my front shock don't hold air very long and it sucks riding on a flattened shock. The rear shock seems to ride fine but that make the bike lean forward a little. Also went to a fish auction last Saturday down in the cites. Got a new 26 gallon bow front tank and a air pump to run some sponge filters. I got the tank for $20 and the pump for $14. that's a killer deal. I wish they had a bike auction like that, I could score a bomb deal on a road bike.
I will leave you with a pic of my dog playing poker.(cash plays)

1 comment:

Kleckii said...

AH yes, the flats, I ended up using a big tube cut down the middle, and glued to the inside of the tire so the tube doesn't flat. it's heavy, but hey I hate flats